I didn't want to write about COVID-19, but in light of recent world events it feels stupid not to address it in some small way. I am not dispersing information, disseminating rumors, inducing panic, or quelling distress. I'm not a doctor, public health official, or anyone who knows very much about most things. But what I do know is that life as we know it has come to a crashing halt, and memes provide levity. This is truly a time of creative innovation, spurred by social distancing and a lack of anything better to do. Here are some of my favorites.
- Memes created after President Trump's Coronavirus press conference.
- Memes about working from home.
- Slightly offensive "boomer" memes.
- 'Out damned spot': the Lady Macbeth hand-washing scene that became a Coronavirus meme.
-From Snopes: Coronavirus Misinformation & Myths.
- From the Centers for Disease Control: REAL Coronavirus Information.
- From the World Health Organization: More REAL Coronavirus Information.